Wednesday, August 14, 2013

the non-gracefulness that is my existence

Yesterday we took a bike ride as a family, minus "A" who wasn't feeling well.  Anyways, we were having a great time, enjoying being outdoors.  I decided to move up onto the sidewalk from the road, but instead my tire caught the edge of the little curb and my bike slid along the curb until I tipped over sliding along the sidewalk until we came to a complete shop.  Yes, we, unfortunately little "D" was on his wee rider behind me and so he went down with me, scraping up his little knee.  I felt awful. I tried to stop us with my hand and therefore scraped the skin off three of my knuckles and ankle.  Ouch.
IMG_1460 In these kind of situations my ego is usually bruised more than my body.  I have to say, I'm pretty klutzy.  When I was pregnant with "D" I was wearing high heeled boots just innocently walking into church when I lost my balance, started to fall and rolled down the sidewalk while the bag and binder I was carrying went flying different directions.

The "husbird" always seems to be there when I find myself face down on the cement.  A couple of months ago while walking to church he literally caught me mid fall.  I don't think he trusts me to walk in heels on my own anymore.

On another note, I love wee riders.


What a great invention.  I'd like one for every "nestling." They could all be lined up behind me like little ducks in a row.  Although it's probably a good thing that's not possible because if it were they would have all been splayed out all over the sidewalk and scraped up when I/we crashed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails