Saturday, August 17, 2013

Teendoom Hood

Well, we did it.  We entered the teen years at our nest.  "T" went and turned thirteen without asking permission.  He's still a little boy in some ways.  He builds Lego creations for hours and plays with them while making sound effects. 
IMG_0947 At the same time he takes off on his bike to the tennis courts on his own to play tennis for hours with a friend.  I'm glad he's not all grown up yet and still has some kid tendencies.  I'll be sad to see those go, so I guess I'll have to keep supporting his Lego addiction and anything else that keeps him a kid longer.
IMG_1743For his birthday the "husbird" and I took him to a water park.  We asked him if he wanted to invite friends and he didn't want to, so it was just the three of us.  I know it won't be long before all he wants to do is hang out with friends so I was thrilled to get this one on one time with him.  It was overcast and kind of cold, so we didn't last as long as we thought we would.  When we left we took him to ride go-carts and play a few arcade games to make it up to him.
IMG_0949 We're proud of him for so many reasons, the way he honors his priesthood and his effort to get and keep straight A's in all his classes at school just to name a couple.  Happy Birthday to Our First Teenager!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails