Monday, March 11, 2013

Not a moment too soon

I don’t like to leave my babies overnight before they are two years old. Call me crazy, but I feel like they need me and I need them and so I wait.  Well, my baby turned two yesterday.  Sniff. Sniff. I’m quite emotional about it.  It just so happened that the “husbird” had to go to a work conference/show held at a beautiful resort/hotel in Scottsdale Arizona.  He asked if I wanted to tag along and at first I told him no, until I looked at the hotels website and figured out that baby “G” would turn two the day we’d leave.  Sign me up.  Honestly I need a break.  I haven’t been away from my baby for more than a few hours at a time for the last two years and he's been the busiest one year old of all time. 
IMG_8602 You would think we were leaving for a month with the amount of work it takes to leave the "nestlings" for three days.  Oh my goodness---the laundry, the schedule, the cleaning, the worrying!  I wanted to make it as easy as possible for my sweetheart of a mom.
IMG_0577 This is the view from our room, a beautifully manicured golf course.  Do you see that fire pit? People sit around it in the evening and a bag piper comes and plays his bagpipes.  It's magical. IMG_0575
  (our room)
In about a days time I've already learned a few things about myself---
1.  I need noise.  I think I want quiet, but then when I get it, I crave noise.  I must be accustom to it. 
2.  I'm not very good at relaxing.  I'm so used to being on the go constantly that I don't know how to sit still very long.  When the  "husbird" and I grabbed a bite to eat the place we went to was on island time and it was driving me insane.
3.  I over pack and underpack.  I brought an umbrella, which we probably won't be needing, but I forgot our toothbrushes.  Go figure.  I guess our heads will be dry and our breath will be gross.  Ha ha.
4.  I love to write.  I wish I had more time for it in my life.  The "husbird" and I need to do things like this more often so I can actually have time to think and write.
5.  I'm more attached to my kids than I think I am.  I feel lonely without them around and miss them terribly, especially the baby.  I know he's two now, so not technically a baby anymore, but he'll most likely be called the baby forever.

2 comments:

  1. THAT PLACE LOOKS SPECTACULAR! AND THE PIPES? WOW! I AM GLAD YOU WENT AND i AM GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so much alike. I love this post. I could sign my name to it. Once we took Anna to this city in CA when she was about Garrett's age. I spent the whole time chasing her around and missing my other kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails