Monday, June 20, 2011

Multipurpose Nursery Problems

How's that for a title?

From my experience of having five babies, I've learned that babies need there own room. If they share a room with siblings they wake them up when they cry.
If they sleep in your room they wake you up
and
they wake up every time they hear you.

If baby sleeps good everyone else sleeps good, so what do you do when you have a nursery that needs to have more than one use like I do?
Baby "G's" nursery is also our guest/play room and I'm not sure it's working because,

the first problem is...

when we have guests come I don't want to kick the baby out and disrupt his sleep schedule. I should learn from past experiences from when little "D" was five months old and someone came to visit.
I put him in our room in his port-a-crib while they were here.
Well, when our visitors left I couldn't get him to sleep in his crib again.
It was awful and I suffered because of it.
I think I'm going to have to kick the boys or girls out of their room and my guests will have to sleep in singles.
It seems silly really since we still have the guest bed set up in the nursery,
but I don't know what else to do.
Any suggestions?
Do you have a guest room? If you don't, what do you do when guests come?

the second problem is...

that it is where most of the "nestlings" toys are
and
I almost kill myself nightly tripping over toys trying to get the baby to and from his crib.
I have to clear a path through all the toys the "nestlings" don't put away.

Oh the joys of a multi-purpose room!
I'm starting to dream of a finished basement and
a money tree.
Wouldn't that be great.

****************************

Despite the limitations with this room I managed to put together I cute nursery spot.
Inspired by this picture of a nursery I saw on Endless Crafting,
months ago, I set out to create a nursery for baby "G".
I started off with curtains, unfortunately they were too short,
so after searching every fabric shop known to man to find a fabric and trim that would look just right I finally found some.
I sewed the fabric and pom pom trim onto the bottom of the curtains.
I didn't like how it looked, so I unpicked it all and sewed the fabric and trim to the top. It looks so much better now.
I'll post pictures tomorrow of how the nursery turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails