Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Randomness

I stayed home from church today with two sick "nestlings." I passed out on the couch while looking through iphoto for pictures to print, even though I should have been cleaning my filthy kitchen. I felt sick little "C" put a blanket on me and kiss my cheek and give me a hug. It warmed my heart. I was in and out of sleep as I heard the kids play in the background. Occasionally "C" would come over and stroke my cheek with her small hands and tell her brother "T" to be more quiet because mommy was sleeping. It was really sweet and tender.

Eventually I woke up and cleaned my disgusting kitchen. I couldn't take it anymore. I'm crabby when my kitchen is a mess. Does that happen to you? I had continous contractions as I picked up, wiped, and, swept. This baby boy better mind his manners and stay put at least until the end of February. I have things to do and I'm not ready for him to come out yet. I'd rather deal with the pregnancy woes for now. Heck, we don't even have a name picked out yet.

We thought our ice maker was broken and have been without ice for a couple of days now. The "husbird" was seeing if he could fix it, thinking the line was clogged or something. Well, he discovered that there is actually a button at the very top of the freezer where you can turn the ice maker on or off. Who knew? We have no idea why or who shut it off, but we felt like real idiots when he discovered that was the problem. I'm just glad we didn't pay some repair guy a hundred bucks to come tell us our ice maker was in the off mode.

Come back tomorrow and I'll show you what I've been painting all weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is such a tender post...I smiled the whole way through, about the tenderness of little C! wow....yes, yes yes the kitchen makes me ill when it is not super clean! sstatus right now! hope the baby stays in....and an extra two weeks for good health! hehehehehehehe

    no name? I got some great ones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails