Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes

Everyone in our family loves mashed potatoes and so when I ran across
this recipe in the Costco magazine I thought I'd give it a try.

5 pounds of baking potatoes
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. salt, or to taste

Scrub, peel, and rinse the potatoes, and cut them into 2-inch pieces. Place them in a large stockpot and cover with water. Boil until tender, approximately 18 to 20 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and add remaining ingredients. Mash and mix well. I use a hand mixer to mash potatoes. It works great, thank you for giving me that tip Samantha.
Transfer mashed potatoes to a shallow baking dish and cover with foil. Potatoes can be kept warm in the oven at this point, refrigerated, or frozen. Makes 10 to 12 servings.


These potatoes are delicious, I mean how could they not be--
with butter, sour cream, and cream cheese?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails