Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sock Drawer

After reading this blog post about how to have a less messy nest, laundry edition
I knew I needed to take action in one particular area.
The Nester mentioned that she has a sock basket by her children's shoes,
where they keep their socks.
As I read that it's like a light bulb went off for me, because I keep all the "nestlings" shoes downstairs inside cabinets in the mudroom and
their socks upstairs in drawers.
Why?
I can't tell you how many times we've been ready to go somewhere and someone has to go back upstairs to get a pair of socks.
It doesn't make a lot of sense, so this weekend I cleared out a drawer that was full of junk and the "husbird" cut me some scrap wood to divide the drawer into four.
It has worked out perfectly and makes putting away the laundry easier too.
What things do you do to make your laundry easier?

5 comments:

  1. B r i l l i a n t !!!!!
    thank you emily for your help...hopefully I can focus on trying something before I have to go and find a storage.....
    i appreciate it.
    l.v
    ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. For us we have a drawer in my room that holds all black socks, all the same size for the entire family. Good thing everyone has similar sized feet! It means that I never have to sort socks and I never have to fold them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT. I'm trying to think of where I can fit something like this in my entry way! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sock idea!! I am so into practical and useful ideas right now. Think smarter, not harder, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails