Sunday, September 27, 2009

Joy at 4:15 a.m.

Yea!
I'm an aunt again.
I had the honor and privilege of being in the room when my nephew was born.
I was suppose to help my sister through natural childbirth.

When she got to the hospital at about ten something she wasn't having consistent contractions, but her water had broken.

I told her to call me as soon as her contractions were consistent and painful or when and if they decided to give her pitocin to start labor.
I got the call at 3:41 a.m. from my brother-in-law beckoning me to come to the hospital.
When I got there my sister was in the bathroom and when she came out she felt like she needed to push.
The baby was out after one long push.
The midwife almost didn't make it.
I thought the nurse was going to have to deliver the baby.
I wasn't much help was I?
At least I got there just in time.
A few minutes later and I would have missed everything.
It was amazing to be there.

I'm so happy for her.

After having four miscarriages and trying for six years she was finally blessed with a

baby.

I love my little nephew, but when I hold him I don't get baby hungry.
Does that mean I'm done having kids?




3 comments:

  1. Wow! That story sounds IDENTICAL to when I had Sarah. I'm happy for your sister too. That's really wonderful. I think it is neat you were there for her--love that. You're kids are so cute and you handle them so well, you couldn't be done, could you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!~natural birth? I don't know about that....i had a rough time getting my epidural, can't fathom not having relief.....good for her... I am very happy to know that she was finally blessed with a little one....I think this is awesome.
    what is the name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting post. I guess you weren't done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails