Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wrong Side of a Window Well

All the parents waited in anticipation to see their child as the preschoolers were filing out the door, lining up, and sitting in their little chairs in preparation for their year end preschool program. I smiled when I saw my "D." While waiting for the program to begin, trying to keep baby "G" happy and quiet I looked down for a moment and when I looked up I couldn't see "D", but I could hear him crying.
I saw both of his teachers running to his aid.
I thought he had tipped over and fallen in some bushes behind him, but he didn't get up right away. I started to worry, but couldn't decide if I should climb over people and go up to see if he was alright when there wasn't much more I could do than what was being done. Well in all the commotion it finally dawned on me that he had fallen down into a window well.
His teachers pulled him out, looked to see if his eyes were dilated and made sure he was alright. He was first on the program and when he recited his poem without passing out I knew he was fine.
I still can't figure out how he got his chair back so far, tipped over at just the right angle to fall upside down into the window well. Crazy.
What's more crazy is that he only got a couple of scrapes on his head.
He's one tough kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails