Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cupcake Souffle

I tried making some yummy looking cupcakes for the "nestlings" but they didn't turn out. They just raised and then spread out. Maybe someone that actually knows how to bake can tell me what I did wrong. I didn't forget the baking powder:)
I thought about tossing them, but instead decided to scoop them out and put them in bowls.

1 cube butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1-2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Stir in milk. Combine dry ingredients* and mix into wet ingredients just until smooth. Stir in sprinkles (I used 2 Tablespoons and you can see there is plenty of color).

Pour into 12 muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Cool before frosting with this yummy buttercream frosting.
They were like happy little bowls of color and were yummy just the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails