Saturday, March 12, 2011

Five by Thirty Five...

by the skin of my teeth, because I turn thirty six tomorrow. I often wondered if I'd have my baby while I was still 35. I ended up officially having him seven days over due at 41 weeks, kind of crazy.

Did you know I had what is called a precipitous delivery? Which means sudden and dramatic. Every nurse that cares for me makes a comment about my delivery and how I barley made it to the hospital.

Speaking of nurses, why does a nurse think 4:30 a.m.--when you and your baby are sound asleep--is a good time to do a baby's PKU test? and when I ask her if she can do it later she comes back an hour later at 5:30 a.m.? Just because it is the middle of her shift, doesn't make it the middle of the day for us.

(the view from my hospital room)
Ten year old "T" stayed with me the second night in the hospital. We told him he wouldn't sleep well and that nurses come in all night and they would wake him up, but he begged us to let him sleep over. He thought it would be fun. There is probably some hospital rule against it, but we didn't ask, and luckily no one kicked him out.
While staying at the hospital two of my favorite words during the day are "Food Service", four times a day. I can't help but think, if only I could take the cafeteria home with me, I'd be set.

I couldn't live without and will forever be grateful for the all the meals friends and neighbors bring to us. I can't imagine planning and cooking meals while being completely sleep deprived. Getting back to cooking dinner after having a baby is always a challenge. I think it has to do with the fact that, that seems to be the time of day when the baby is awake and needs attention. Well, like it or not that is part of normal life so eventually I'll have to cook again, all too soon. I need a program like meals of wheels, for a year. Now that would be awesome.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your baby boy is gorgeous!!!! I am loving all of his hair. You poor thing a week overdue, I hope you are recovering well. Congrats and enjoy your new little bundle!

    :)Rachel Berry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell he cooked longer than your other babies! Look at those chubby cheeks! He is beautiful. I'd bring you dinner if I lived nearby. Instead, I've sent you a little package. Hope it arrives on your birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sweetie pie is gorgeous, his eyes are like yours and his mouth is like his....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I will be just a few weeks shy of 36 when our 5th arrives. This has been a interesting pregnancy with all the talk of high risk pregnancies after 35 and tests that can be done. It's crazy! It makes me feel old. And don't you get me started on the silly nurses that come in during the middle of the night..don't they understand that you just had a BABY! Let us sleep for goodness sake! Your little one is just adorable..beautiful eyes. Soak up this time...and rest when you can..you can tell me the same thing in a few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new baby! I can't believe that your family is so big. My how time flies. What a beautiful little boy who I am sure you have given a wonderful name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the hospital stays after the baby is born. With our second, I told the doc I wanted to be outta there the next night, and I was. The nurses coming in at all hours of the night are just ridiculous... I don't care what my blood pressure is at 3 a.m.!! I sleep way better at home, even with a newborn than I ever do at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails