Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Magnetic Map

When I accidentally broke the glass in this very large frame I didn't want to spend money on new glass, so I opted for the less expensive alternative of putting a piece of sheet metal behind the map to make it magnetic.
I put some burlap over the sheet metal, attached the map with spray adhesive, and then brushed some matte mod podge on the map to seal it .
Unfortunately the mod podge made it bumpy, because of the burlap on the back.
I think if I had done it on a hard surface that wouldn't have happened.
Oh well, it adds character.
The map hangs in the "husbird's" office and now he puts a little magnet wherever his company sells a software system.
Hopefully he keeps needing more magnets:)

2 comments:

  1. It totally adds character! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is clever, I would have bought the glass, but then the magnets are sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails