Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy to Be Back

Back to my bed.

Back to clean water I can drink, brush my teeth with, and anything else.

Back to my washing machine, yes I'm excited to do laundry (at least for today) since after 11 days away I'm excited to have clean clothes.

Back to the gym (tomorrow at least)...I feel like I've lost what little muscle I had.

Back to toys...I love it when we get back from a trip and the "nestlings" play with their toys like they are new, at least for a few days, entertaining themselves while I unpack and look through the stacks of mail.

Back to the internet....I know most people go on vacation to be unplugged, but instead of bringing a book with me I decided I'd catch up on my google reader, not knowing I wouldn't have internet. I found it incredibly aggravating to be disconnected.

(sunset last night at the Phoenix airport)
After traveling since noon yesterday, getting home at midnight, and getting to bed at 2 a.m. I was in an after vacation coma this morning when the phone rang at 8:00a.m. and jolted me out of my deep sleep. After getting up for an hour to send "T" off to scout camp for the day I went back to bed because I wasn't functioning well awake.

I'll be recapping our vacation over the the next few posts if you want to hear about our crazy adventures come back soon.

2 comments:

  1. hey glad you came back and are all settling in. But what was the rush? I still think you guys cut cut way too short your vacations...I am just saying....your the boss you should cut yourselves some slack, especially down south of the border...I hope this time you went to get those amazing delicious tacos! If not, I will keep praying that you do so one day...if not I will have to figure something out.

    oh well...it always seems way too short for my liking.

    PS. I can't wait for the day when we can go to Spain with my dear Doctora and stay there for the whole month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was actually the longest trip we've taken with the "nestlings." I want to go to Spain someday, maybe when the kids are older.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails