Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fruit pizza..

yummy, yummy!
This is the most delicious fruit pizza recipe, perfect for the summer.
I found it on allrecipes.com.
Sometimes I make it on a pizza stone, but more often than not I make it in a 9x13 pan.

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
  4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until light. Spread on cooled crust.
  5. Arrange desired fruit (mandarin oranges, grapes, bananas, kiwis, strawberries) on top of filling, and chill.
I dare you to eat just one slice.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is something new. Fruit as pizza toppings? Looks good and delicious. Can I have a bite or if not I'll try to make my own. Thanks for posting. papajohnscoupons

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails