Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Seeking Refuge

While cleaning Halloween pumpkins off the front porch this weekend I discovered a little visitor trying to get warm.
Isn't it the sweetest thing?

I've felt like this little birdie lately,
but trying to seek shelter from sickness.
My nose has been a faucet for the last month
and if I'm not wiping my nose
I'm wiping one of the nestlings.
I'm bracing myself for winter illnesses.
We've already had two different ones.
It seems as though when winter hits that's just the
way we roll.


1 comment:

  1. ohhhhhhh I am surprised they did not move for the picture....it must be rough and sad and cold to think of your home on the outside world.....I always when I feel uncomfortable think of how Adam and Eve must have felt leaving the garden....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails