Sunday, June 24, 2012

Soul Food

Some friends we hadn't seen in over two years came to spend some time with us in Mexico for a few days. We have so many things in common with these friends.
For starters we both have five kids all the same ages and sexes of their kids,
except the last ones.
Their last one is a girl and of course ours is a boy and so we've decided they should get married.
Anyways, we had a lot of catching up to do, but it's one of those things where you don't feel like you've ever been apart and you pick up right where you left off and
there's no awkwardness. It's just easy.

It filled my soul to spend time with them, like a well that's been dry for far too long.
My well was filled with refreshing water. Water in the form of relating, understanding, and fun. The stuff that makes up a wonderful friendship.

At this season of our lives we don't have a lot of time to spend with friends. I hadn't even realized how much I needed that connection. I didn't know how much it would do for my spirit. I'm so grateful for good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails