Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dinnertime Rituals

I think having dinner together as a family is so important.
We try to have dinner together at least five to six nights a week.
The "nestlings" reveal things at dinner that I would never know otherwise.
Usually at dinner the "nestlings" are really loud and talk over each other.

We try to teach them manners, but that doesn't always compute.
Sometimes we pick a question out of this jar and tell each other our answers.
It has questions like, What do you want to be when you grow up?
If you could have any pet what would it be? What's your favorite vacation memory?
Etc.

Other times we read a scripture from these scriptures I laminated and put on a d-ring.

On occasion we play, "Name that Movie" where we say one liners from movies and then try and guess what movie it's from.
Here's one for you--- "It's like dejavu. It's like I've been here before."
Hint: It's a kids movie that starts with an M.

What dinnertime rituals do you have?

1 comment:

  1. I like the question idea. We ask each kid what was something nice they did for someone today. I love hearing the things they think of even if it was a really small thing. They have to think of something and I hope that they think about it during the day since they know they will have to share.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails