Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Nestlings" lunch of choice

I rarely buy boxed macaroni and cheese, so I had to come up with a
homemade alternative.
I think this is going to be our summer lunch.
It's tasty and easy.
I use any kind of shredded cheese and wheat pasta I have on hand.
Ingredients:
A box or bag of pasta
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheese

Melt butter, blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Add milk, stir until it thickens slightly. Add cheese. Take off heat and combine with pasta.
Enjoy!

If I make it for dinner I put it in a casserole dish, put bread crumbs on top and bake it, but for lunch I keep it simple and serve it from the stove top.

1 comment:

  1. My boys love this too - they call it "noodles with invisible cheese" because I usually only put a handful of cheese in it. So easy & yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails