Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ticking Time Bomb

Do you remember this Target commercial for Black Friday?

This is how I feel right now, except not so fa-la-la-lee and with a
really large middle section.
It's very unnerving, the not knowing when the baby will decide to arrive and the
sheer terror of labor even though I've lived through it four times before.
I literally feel like I'm going to pop open at any point.
I think I'm as big as I've ever been with any of my babies,
although I don't know if that is true or if that is just what it feels like right now.
I rarely feel comfortable in any position, have frequent heartburn,
and often can't breath deeply.
I constantly feel the need to have a fridge full of food and a clean house.
The problem is that we eat the food I buy and dirty the house I clean,
so it's a never ending cycle.
I just hope that the baby is born at a time that there is food in the fridge and the house is clean. I know the timing is in God's hands and that He knows
what is best for the baby and I. I just need to trust and have faith in Him.
He has blessed me to able to take care of my family my whole pregnancy and with health throughout, other than the normal pregnant woes and occasional cold.
Now I'm praying for a smooth delivery with a healthy baby boy to cuddle.
To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. I was so hoping he might show up on my birthday! Hang in there. Remember, it all changes once he's here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you loud and clear! You would think after having 4 kids we would worry a little less..but you don't. I am going to the same emotions..but not nearly as close to delivery as you. UGH! Good luck...excited to see the little one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails