Sunday, May 23, 2010

Little Brother

It was my brother's birthday yesterday.
Here's a picture of me holding him when he was a baby.
Don't I look perplexed as to why he's crying?
Maybe it's because I'm about to drop him.
At least I'm wearing a cute polka dot shirt, right?

Anyways, he's not so little anymore and one of the things I love about him is that
we both share the same enjoyment for thrift shopping and bargain hunting.

Most of our phone conversations involve one of us telling the other about a good deal we found or to tell each other to be on the look out for something
we want at the thrift store.

Speaking of my brother, his in-laws live out in the country, so every year for their children's birthdays they have a party there. A few weeks ago we went to my niece's birthday party and a neighbor brought over a horse and
all the children got to have a ride.
(Miss "A")
Then they all got to hit this butterfly piƱata and
my brother pulled them around in a little trailer behind a riding lawn mower.
I think he enjoyed it as much as the kids, but don't tell him I said so.
My brother's kids love this tradition of the same thing each birthday.
There's no debating what to do each birthday and it's inexpensive and fun.
They probably won't want this same party when they're teenagers,
but then they can move on to bigger and better things, like this...
skydiving.
Not.

There is a small airport behind their house and so this is what we see every time we're at a party there.
Hopefully the little kids don't get any ideas, because I know my big kid has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails