Friday, May 14, 2010

Burn Out

Are moms allowed to have melt downs?
Well, allowed or not I had one this morning.
I couldn't quit crying. The tears just kept flowing.
I wasn't even real sure why I was crying.
I knew what set it off. Do you ever do that? I don't very often,
maybe once or twice a year. Sometimes I just need a good cry.
I dropped "C" off at preschool and little "D" and I went to the new Hobby Lobby that opened this week ten minutes from my house. Yippee!
Retail therapy always helps cure a case of the blues.
I only spent seven dollars, but it it helped lift my mood.
(more flowers from my boy)
I've been going non-stop for the last few weeks and it's finally catching up to me.
I know some people can do that, but I can't. I need down time.
I have a hard time transitioning from being really busy to
taking a break here and there, especially when there is no time to take one.
I'm like a top, once I get spinning I just keep going and going until I collapse.
That's what happened today, I finally came tumbling down in a heap of emotions
I don't normally feel.

Too many things to do coupled with stress from different things in life right now aren't a good combination and next week is going to be crazy as well.

Thank Goodness for Prayer
and
a loving and supportive "husbird."

5 comments:

  1. So sorry you are having a case of the blues!
    I KNOW all mom's go through that and you just have to ride it out...this too shall pass right!:)
    With school ending and summer right around the corner, I think this is a busy time for everyone!
    Take a deep breath and have some chocolate!
    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am a new reader of your blog. Boy can I ever relate - I am SO burned out right now! The sad thing is that I am too tired to even cry - it would require energy I don't have!

    I hope things get easier for you very soon! Maybe when school is out things will calm down for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, ALL i can say is that when you do have support from your loved one, it should make things much much much more doable......

    ReplyDelete
  4. snif...missing out on that....so it is good to hear you do have it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so sorry you felt that way! If only you had a good visiting teacher to help you! I'll have to see what I can do. To be honest, I've been struggling too--everything feels so overwhelming to me. I can't put it into words as well as you do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails