Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thirty Five

It was my birthday yesterday.
We took the "nestlings" to a dinosaur museum.
First we saw a 3D movie.
Then we walked through the exhibits.
"T' almost got eaten by a shark.

Then we got to search for dinosaur bones.
"C' discovered some very large dinosaur fossils.
She would make a great Paleontologist.

When we got home my mom came over with a chocolate cake
covered in Samoas and chocolate covered goodness.
Does she know me well or what?
After we devoured some cake my mom started sewing.
She sewed a stuffed animal with holes in it for a "nestling."
Then she sewed buttons on all our clothing items missing them.
Then while the "husbird" and I were at a church meeting
she cleaned my refrigerator and microwave.
She's just great that way, always doing those little things that I rarely have time to do.

It's a funny thing, because by this age, I thought I would feel more mature and wise.
Maybe in another 35.

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean. I'm glad you had such a good day. You're mom is wonderful. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails